CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Thursday, December 5, 2013

FILIPINO DESSERTS ARE PART OF THE LOCAL FOOD CULTURE

FILIPINO DESSERTS Local Food Culture
Filipino foods are so part of our Hawaiian food culture, and the desserts found at a Filipino party is sweet, sugary, cakey, chewy, melts in the mouth…or not. The Filipinos use a lot of coconut based ingredients, and bananas, sweet rice, and rice flours, and butter, lots of it.

If you go to a Filipino backyard party, you'll find some of these desserts, and I am warning you, even before you finish making your plate for dinner, grab a few desserts because it is fact, the women, the older ones especially will hog them all and make the so-called (take home plate) much too early. I swear, I've been to parties where the dessert table is filled with tasty morsels, huge pies and cakes. And when I'm done mauling my dinner I head to the desserts and what?!!! My favorites are gone? No Way!…. Way! gone!

Bibingka sweet, buttery with hints of coconuts
Bibingka in a round form with banana leaves on bottom,
my favorite Filipino dessert made from sweet rice,
or mocha rice flour, with sweet coconut milk, sugar
butter, it's the ultimate treat.
Bud Bud (Bood Bood), sweet rice, coconut flavoring, 
wrapped and roasted in banana leaves, another of
my favorites growing up, I can nail 4 of these with
hot chocolate!
The time it takes to make these, it does take lots of hard
work and love. Total comfort foods!
This stuff reminds me of the old Filipino women and men hanging
out and conversing by the kitchen or outdoor grill, speaking my
language that I can't understand, am I a sad Filipino or what? I can't speak
the language, but I am learning.
Cascaron (Kahs kah rone) mochi rice desserts, sticky
gewie, sweet! Love these at the fiestas, weddings,
anniversary parties.
These Cascarons are not skewered but sweet for sure!

These are my favorite Filipino sweets, desserts, or snacks. If you love other ethnic desserts like Mexican Churros, you'll love Bibingka, Bud Bud, and Cascarons. The coconutty flavors with sweet rice and sugar makes these treats popular with everyone.

And since it's almost Christmas, let me say this "Maligayang Pasko." or Merry Christmas.

COPYRIGHT 2013



Da Foodie Boodies is a ™







No comments:

Post a Comment