CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

BEHIND THE WOK CRISP GAUGEE MEIN & KIMCHI PORK

My nephew and his family was in town from California, so I asked my sister if I could use her kitchen to cook for them, and of course whoever showed up. I got to the market at 5:15 HST, and bought all of the ingredients to make some Crisp Gaugee Mein, and some Kimchi Pork.

In this video you will see me cooking up some square bunched up noodles, you maybe asking what kind of noodles are they? Well they are from a company called S&S Saimin, and those are saimin noodles (frozen) and fried in vegetable oil.

CAKE NOODLES

These fried squares will be cut in half, and placed on the bottom of a platter, and topped with some stir fried chicken and veggies with some chicken stock, flavored with sesame oil, oyster sauce, soy sauce, salt and pepper and thickened with a cornstarch slurry.

In the next video clip you will see in action, the crisp gaugee being deep fried in a flat bottom carbon steel wok.
CRISP GAUGEE



The video clip below is some pork slices being infused with some store bought Kimchi Cabbage, I got the mild flavored in case anybody couldn't handle the heat.
KIMCHI PORK


I ended up with 30 pieces of Gaugee, with the ground beef filling having about 3/4 of a pound extra. With plenty of leftovers to feed at least four average eating foodies.

Until next time

Ron Sambrano 



AD

              
© 2015




No comments:

Post a Comment