CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Sunday, October 21, 2012

FOOD GOT BETTER AT L&L LAHAINA CANNERY MALL

In the not so distant past in the Lahaina Cannery Mall, the L&L Drive Inn began to serve some really crappy food, I mean the chicken katsu was always dried out and hard, their noodles was very tasteless. So about 7 months ago, I met Chucky, the new owner of the L&L in the Lahaina Cannery Mall, and from day one he told me, "Ron I make food bettah, I make it fresh, I even cook Filipino foods too." Really? Chucky sounds like that confident general that will overtake the enemy at the border, he'll carryout his blitzkrieg, and run over the enemy, this dude has all the confidence in the world, I saw it in his eyes, I saw it in the way he wiped down the counter, because the last Bozos did not even bother to clean anything, not even the soda dispensers. But Chucky, this dude knows how to make food fresh!

One day I get there I ordered the pancit noodles (Filipino Chow Mein), some kau yuk (Chinese braised pork), and some sweet and sour spareribs. Man it was great, not gourmet plates but for the everyday plate lunch lover, Chucky was batting 1000. I mean when a line starts to form, and bus drivers run to get there, hey Chucky is doin something right. Okay I ate that before my gout attacks I don't eat that anymore. But, Chucky the friendly guy that he is tells me, "Ron try the chicken chow mein." Okay so I ordered it, and when I got it, I was surprised because the plate weighed like 3 pounds! I opened it, and there was fresh veggies, pieces of marinated chicken korean style, and lots of noodles, now this is chow mein. And the steam came streaming out of the closed plate, yes, it was heaven, finally an L&L that made good food again.

Also the bbq chicken is good, better than before, the chicken katsu is better, in fact if you get the mini katsu plate, it'll fill you up, for 5.95, 1 scoop of rice, 1 macaroni salad, and a lot of chicken. Now, unless Chucky starts flaking out, I do suggest L&L at the Lahaina Cannery Mall. On a recent visit Chucky sold me their chicken chow fun, and it was kind of on the sweeter side, not really my kind of chow fun, it was a little too sweet, but it was still good, really I wasn't disappointed, it was just a tad sweet that's all, no worries, still hot and fresh, much better than the last moron that owned the dig.

Chicken Chow Fun L&L Drive Inn @ the Lahaina Cannery Mall.

Chow Fun should be made fresh, it should never sit in a hotel pan in a warming apparatus.









No comments:

Post a Comment