CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Saturday, March 25, 2017

SCHEZWAN CHICKEN





Chinese cooking is very easy, that's why I love it, to cook it and eat it. Out of all the Asian cuisines including Pacific Islander cuisine, or my rooted Filipino style, if I had only one style to cook and eat, it would be Chinese. Seriously, I love it. That's why when some couple hires me to cook for them, it's always my cleaver, my cutting board, my wok, and a saucepan on the side, and a few mixing bowls. And since I am touching on the spicy side of Chinese cooking, or the Schezwan style, I figure let's do a chicken stir fry.

Ingredients (2 servings)

8 oz. (1/2 lb.) of cubed chicken breast
1 tbsp. Sesame oil
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. White pepper
1/2 cup cooking sherry wine, or Shaoxing Rice Wine
1 tbsp. Cornstarch
* In a stainless steel or glass mixing bowl, add in the cubed chicken (room temperature), then sprinkle the sesame oil, and mix. Then sprinkle the salt and white pepper, and mix. Then pour in the Sherry wine, or Shaoxing rice wine, and mix. Lastly add in the cornstarch and mix well to coat. Then set aside

Sauce
1/2 tsp. Grated ginger
1/2 tsp. Minced garlic
1/2 tsp. Minced green onion
2 tbsp. Rice vinegar
1/2 tsp. Sesame oil
1/2 cup dark soy sauce
1 tsp. Raw sugar
1 tsp. Chili garlic sauce
* In a mixing bowl, add all ingredients and mix well, set aside.

In a hot wok heat up 1 tbsp. Of vegetable oil, when hot, add in the chicken cubes and stir fry until the pieces become browned and crisped on the exterior. Once comleted in about 3 minutes or so, add in the sauce, and cook until thickened slightly. The cornstarch from the chicken will help the sauce thicken. 

Garnish with sliced green onions, and you're good to go.
















No comments:

Post a Comment