CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Thursday, October 5, 2017

HONU SEAFOOD & PIZZA FOR FRESH FISH

The date October 3, 2017, a day that will live in euphoric phenomena. Whatever that means, I was trying to be like one of those documentary writers. Ah, what the hell, life goes on. OK, it was a good day on Maui WTF right?


The day started off at 7:00 am, I got into my nieces' Durango and headed out to the Kahana Mc Donald's. OK, not the best of foods for breakfast but you got to understand, logistically speaking that's the only______ ing restaurant open close to the Kapalua airport. My bro Peter Pao, owner of Prime Sandwiches was flying in at 8:30am. I got some time to drink a coffee and eat a high fatty high caloric Sausage Mc Muffin with egg. Which I did. It was alright. Not bad. I read some parts of the Maui News, you know the carnage in Vegas with that mass shooting. Then a friend stopped by my table to talk. Next thing I know, it's like 8:10am, I used the restroom and headed up the hill to JHM. 

I parked the car, and in a minute Pete's plane lands, and the first order of business was for me to take him to the new Monkey Pod restaurant located in the Whaler's Village in Kaanapali. He had to service some equipment in there. He also services and sells restaurant equipment. After that we head to Lahaina for another service call at Captain Jack's. Same stuff as Monkey Pod, a combi-oven needed some servicing.

Then it was close to lunch time. We decided to head to Mark and Judy Ellman's Honu Seafood and Pizza for lunch. We had a cool local brother from Lanai, Nick as our waiter. Peter ordered a whole deep fried Nabeta. Nabeta is a Japanese term for Peacock wrasse. It is a very good fish for deep frying. Nice and crisp, hell you can leave the scales on too. 

Peter saying grace? I mean what was he doing?
C'mon Peter grine brah!

Peter lays the fish on its side, you can see the slits the chefs
cut into the fish and the golden crisp meat.
Nick brought him some dashi, and it had a huge
ramekin of black bean sauce.

I was ready man, I had the Mahi Fish n Chips


Look at this, man was I a blessed man!

And of course always a pleasure when the man himself
Chef/Owner Mark Ellman stops by.

Woooo! What a day folks at Honu Seafood & Pizza. Check out the website www.honumaui.com

© 2017





No comments:

Post a Comment