CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Thursday, December 20, 2018

BREAKFAST LOW SODIUM EGGS

In this blog post I'll give you a simple tip on how to eat eggs for breakfast, and do it a little healthy. I mean eggs, who doesn't love it? Over easy, over buttered toast, and crisp hash browns, with some pork sausage. Love it, and that hot cup of coffee. But now, I'm dealing with issues. Health issues that can't be ignored. Recently I lost my health coverage, and I'm down to a few high blood pressure pills. I know, if I'm taking care of my body I wouldn't need those. But for now I do. 

So how can I eat the foods I love but alter it so that it's still tasty? OK, here's what you need to do.

Egg whites instead of whole eggs. Cooked in a non stick pan with little oil.

Instead of white bread toast with butter, use whole grain wheat bread, with no butter. 

Instead of hasbrowns eat some steamed veggies. You heard me.

Instead of regular coffee, drink decaf. Use little sugar and no cream.

Now for any meats, the protein. Instead of sausage, which is high in sodium. You can purchase inexpensive beef or chicken at the market. And cook them up, and do not use salt to flavor them. But use a squeeze of orange or lemon, or drizzle it with organic apple juice. 

There you have it something very simple that can go a long way. Let's all live longer together. The fact is, and I'm just speaking for myself. God will come knocking on my door one day and tell me it's time. Or he may just surprise me. But I want to stick around as long as I can. I have things to settle here on earth that is incomplete. 

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment