CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Wednesday, December 5, 2018

POACHED CHIX LOW SODIUM LOW SUGAR

Good day, it's December 05, 2018. In this post, I'm cooking for good health. Low sodium, low sugar. This is all protein and safe for diabetics and people suffering from hypertension. Easy. All you'll need is boneless and skinless chicken breast. Purchase all natural, zero antibiotics, or non GMO. If you can that is. So what I did was I got one whole breast and sliced it down the center so that there were two halves. Good for two people, however I ate the whole breast myself because I did not have any starches, and I was hungry enough to eat it.

I got a pan, filled it with about 2 cups of water, added 1 bay leaf, a teaspoon of pepper corns, 1/4 cup of white vinegar, and 1/4 cup of low sodium soy sauce. For those of you in the know, yep it's a Filipino adobo sauce. I put the flame on high, put the 2 halves into the water, then turned it down to simmer. Covering it, I waited about 6 minutes, then turned it over, and went another 6 minutes covered. It was perfect. I actually let it sit in the pan covered after I turned it off for a few minutes. Then I sliced it. Then I ate it alone. Total protein. It was really good. The aroma was pleasant, and I bet the neighbors were smelling it. Nothing like that adobo aroma permeating the hood.

It's easy to eat healthy. Keep the sodium low, keep the sugars down, and go and take a good walk. Sweating is key folks. Go for a walk or run, exercise. It's really important to exercise. God didn't create us to be sedentary. So put away that smart phone for a little while and do something. Just 20 minutes, that's all. Sweep that dirty apartment, instead of taking the escalator use the stairs. If you're at a resort, walk to the beach or golf course within reason, and let someone else take the shuttle that really needs it. 

Let's all do this together guys. I'm a little unhealthy right now, so for 2019, I'll be committed to blogging on healthy eats. Hey I'm 54, I ain't getting younger, and the last thing I want is to be dead before I'm 60, or getting a foot cut off because of diabetes, or a stroke or heart attack. OK guys, let's all be positive, in all aspects of our lives. Let's be the light for others, be postive to the max! Let's do it. Let's chase our dreams together. We have living to do.


The 2 halves are in the hot poaching liquid



Letting the 2 halves are done after 12 minutes
and a few resting after the heat has been turned off


One half is sliced, as the other awaits the knife

This is just one idea, you may add any flavorings you want to your poaching liquid. Use brown sugar sparingly, use intense spices and herbs without salt, you'll be surprised. Remember that the proteins like beef, chicken, pork and fish does have flavor. Learn to taste it without any flavorings. I can't believe some of the foods being sold to people. It ceases to amaze me that cooks will just over flavor a good piece of protein. In our modern foodie culture, we buy bags of  potato chips with tons of salt. Sodas with too much sweeteners. No wonder we are all heading down Unhealthy Street to bad health.

Keep it healthy my friends.

© 2018







No comments:

Post a Comment