CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Thursday, May 21, 2015

THE ZING MAUI CULTURE

ZING Maui, is mom and pop meets the modern day. A husband and wife team of Joe and Jamie Birrer, with Aulani in the front helping their customers. 

A tad camera shy, no problem the owners are all about making the experience happen for their foodies that frequent Zing Maui in the food court on Main Street in Wailuku. A customer by the name of just Pattie works nearby and either doesn't want wheat or bread, or gluten, so Jamie and Aulani and Chef Joe cater to her needs. "They will tell me what to get," says Pattie with a smile, although she called me another name, not Ron...but Ryan? Oh well, no worries. "I come here often, I love the Turkey Avo Eggs Benedict, the Turkey Bacon Avo Sandwich, and the house made Tortillas," Pattie continues. "Hey Randy, you gotta try it, it's great Raymond." Ah my name is Ron Pattie...but that's okay. "This place, they take care of me George." Ah it's Ron...but never mind.

Pattie waits patiently for her order
© 2015

Brendon works at the music store around the corner, he says he comes to ZING Maui all of the time, "I love this place, the food's awesome!" he says with a smile. "Why go anywhere else, they are super nice people." Ah...did you hear what Brendon just said folks? Why he said, nice people. Wow! It's hard these days hearing "Nice People" because there's so much drama around... but hey I got to vouch for Brendon because Jamie, Joe and Aulani is No Ka Oi to the T!
Brendon ready to mop up his grines!
© 2015

Then it was my turn, moi, me, all about me, da food blogger of the world. Nah, just me flying in from Lahaina to make my 130pm appointment to sample awesome food! First Jamie mixes up, homemade kine Ginger Tea with cinnamon and lemon... wow! This drink can cleanse you up dudes... Got a cold? Feeling like a slug that's overweight? Stop by and have a Ginger Tea, very refreshing, cold, spicy, just perfect after a hot drive from the west side baby!!!!!

© 2015

And then Jamie has some Broccoli Cheese soup for me to sample, mmmmm, mmmmm, woo hoo! Nuts! Epic! This soup rocks! Cheesy and flavorful, the cup is huge, they don't skimp on the broccoli either, this can be a light meal. No need to add anything, seasoned just right!
© 2015

Then it was the moment of truth, "Your sandwich is up Ron," says Jamie. I glanced her way, and OMG! That plate is huge! Oh man, Chef Joe's Truffle Fries golden the way it should be, fried in peanut oil, with parmesan shavings, man! And the sandwich, house roasted corned beef, 1000 island dressing, sauerkraut and swiss cheese melted all over, woo hoo! Heaven... Foodie Heaven!!!!
© 2015
And a customer to my right ordered some Fish Tacos for $12, with corn tortillas, fish of the day, black beans, cabbage, house made roasted tomatilla salsa. 3 of these baby! Yee Ha!
© 2015

I'm telling you, this is a spot to eat, before I'm dead, I'm going through this whole menu baby! Stay tuned because Chef Joe and I are going to film his cooking some time soon. I don't know what he'll cook, but I know... I know it will kick major Ass! And I mean that with respect, kicking Major Ass means cooking great food! Now on the other hand, if I said, "Ahhh that Chef did not kick major ass." Then I'm saying don't go there. But I said it, the food at ZING Maui kicks major ass folks! No Ka Oi to the T!
© 2015

I was ready to devour my Reuben Sandwich and Truffle Fries! Guess what? It was so huge I had to ask them to doggy box it for me. And they did with a smile... Now that's catering to your customers, that's what I call....THE MIDAS TOUCH!!! THEY KICK MAJOR ASS!

       
© 2015








No comments:

Post a Comment