CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Sunday, September 17, 2017

SUBWAY SANDWICH- KAMAOLE SHOPPING CENTER

Sub sandwich addict! That's me the last week or so. A sub sandwich junkie. Got to...have...a... sub... sand...wich. Help me, I need...help Batman!

Today was no exception, I was delivering baby gear down south Maui, it was lunchtime and I was hungry. I needed an injection of a sub sandwich.

So I took the lower Kihei Road and drove along side the coastline, taking in the sights, yes the nice girls in bikinis, blonds, brunettes, it was a nice drive praise the Lord. So I'm coming up to the KAMAOLE SHOPPING CENTER and I figure the only subs I can get at this time, that's on this road, and will be pretty quick because really they are fast food, is Subway. OK I know I was praising Jersey Mike's Subs on the last few posts, but hey can't go wrong with a Subway sandwich.

I park my baby equipment van right into the stall, I get out and enter the Subway store. Only one dude in line ordering, so as soon as I enter, a young lady greets me, as she puts on her sanitary type glove that all food service people need to use. Kind of like a proctologist. Haha.

"What would you like today sir?"
"Ah I'll take a foot long COLD CUT COMBO on Italian bread." The sandwich has slices of ham, salami, and bologna, with veggies and cheese whatever you want. But the meats are all turkey based so it doesn't have a real Italian deli kick to it you know?
"OK, would you like this toasted?"
"No, cold."
"OK, what kind of cheese?"
"Provolone"
"OK, what kind of vegetables?"
"Lettuce, onions, tomatoes."
"OK, and what kind of sauce would you like?"
"Mayo, mustard, oil and vinegar."
"OK, how about salt and pepper?"
"Oh yeah that too."
"OK, would you like to make this a meal?"
"Yes, a meal, it has to be a meal."
"OK."

I was just thinking as I sat and ate my sandwich, what if they sold like stuff one normally would not eat at a sub sandwich shop. What if they sold like goat slices, or kangaroo slices, or alligator slices. Imagine that? "Can I get a foot long Kangaroo with Swiss on French toasted please." Haha.

Before I devoured this thing, the Cold Cut Combo!
Yay! With a Coke and Maui Style Chips
All Subways have that vibe, why is that? Why? I ask you 
why?


Now for the Yay :) or Nay :( Scale.

Cleanliness of store: Yay :)
Friendliness of staff: Yay :)
Quality of bread: Yay :)
Quality of meats: Yay:)
Quality of vegetables: Yay :)
Quality of sauces.
- Mayo Yay :)
- Mustard Yay :)
- Oil Yay :)
- Vinegar Yay :)
Scenery: Nay :(
Entertainment: Nay :(
Paramedics on sight: Nay :(
Sound studio to play my drums: Nay :(

* OK I'm getting stupid now, sorry guys. But overall, for what it is, Subway is all Yay! :)

© 2017


No comments:

Post a Comment