CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Friday, September 1, 2017

OHELO'S JELLY FOUR PEPPER CONT.

ONO CUZ! This is a continuation on the previous blog post on Ohelo's Jelly Four Pepper. This jelly rocks man! I ate half the jar, I spread it over whole wheat bread with organic peanut butter, the creamy kind.


Here's my take on the Four Pepper jelly. Once the jar is opened, you can see the sweet concoction with the bits of peppers mixed in. I took some time to savor the moment. Richard Green half of the ownership of Ohelo's let me sample some the other day in Lahaina's Foodland Farms, it was really good, I had to get a jar. By the way, it is in all Foodland Supermarkets. Now back to my play by play. Where was I? OK, I opened the jar you know that. So then I got me a butter knife, and slowly scooped a layer to put on a piece of whole wheat bread, I put two shiny layers of Four Pepper, and then took a deep breath. You got to admire this guys. Then I covered the jar, and placed it in our fridge, then went to the cupboard, and got the creamy organic peanut butter. 

Before I go any further, I pondered the times when I was a little kid. GUAVA JELLY was our jelly, and as a kid, P&B sandwiches were the tops on the list for a lunch, with some chips, and a soda. That's right, we ate bad when we were kids, isn't that the American way? Sugar all the way! Now back to the sandwich, I opened the peanut butter jar, wiped the butter knife, and then I scooped a thick layer of peanut butter, and spread it over the Four Pepper. Ooooooo, man that was beautiful. I folded the bread in half, peanut butter oozing out either end, and then I take a bite, and slowly let the Four Pepper and peanut butter hit my tongue, and it was a very pleasurable moment. The Four Pepper is sweet, very nice, a very inviting jelly, not too spicy hot as you might imagine, the sweet to heat ration is perfect. I assume if you want it really hot, you're nuts! Go put some Sambal Oelek on it. However the creamy peanut butter and Four Pepper was a perfect match.

Should you get some Ohelo's Jelly? Of course you should, why wait? Go now! Hurry up! If you live in Hawaii and you got a FOODLAND SUPERMARKET near you, go now! Do not wait!

© 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment