CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

SPICY EGGPLANT

Spicy Eggplant, Chinese style, Sichuan style, hot with heat, spice and lots of love! 







This dish is simple to make, not quite as good as my late brother Chef Harold's but I think in time, it'll be closer. It was edible for sure, as family members did eat it all. The trick in this dish, is that you need to cook the eggplant first, and you need to fry it for the real flavor, I mean if you baked it to soften, nah, it would not work. So you would need to slice the eggplant (large round), into squares about an inch and half square, and you need to slice slits into them so it soaks up the frying oil better, it will cook faster. Then once done, take that cooked eggplant slices and put it on the side on some paper towels to drain the oil.

Next is making the sauce. I'll tell you what I used.

I used, canned chicken broth low sodium, hoisin sauce, chopped jalapeño peppers, ginger garlic mixed, sugar, and soy sauce, and a cornstarch slurry to thicken. That's all I'm going to tell you, now it's up to you on how you want it made. Haha! Let me know how it turned out at your test kitchen.

©2017

No comments:

Post a Comment