CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Friday, August 15, 2014

FU LIN Chinese Restaurant

Yelp! Ha ha, ever Yelped guys? Seriously I love Yelping and blogging about food, I'm getting fatter, I need bigger pants. I wish it was for other reasons har har.

Okay let's get to the point, and that point is a business associate took me to lunch and we peregrinated to Fu Lin's Chinese on the corner of Kapunakea Road, and Front Street in good old Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii. The last time I went there the roast duck really sucked. Hey it rhymes. Duck Sucked!

However today was a good day delving in the Chinese food, you see Fu Lin is across the water and we had a good cool breeze for lunch time, oh…it was around 1pm when we put our order in.  When we arrived my associate and I noticed there was a Chinese tourist bus parked outside, and it was moderately busy with Chinese speaking tourist. So I'll cut to the chase, we ordered two entrees, and steamed rice. 

The first entree was the waitress's choice, Salt and Pepper Shrimp, the whole shrimp with head and all. Some may find it disgusting as a dead shrimp is looking at you, but not us, we grew up eating the pigs we slashed up, so we are into that kind of thing… weak in the knees? Weak of the look of a dead animal? I think not, we ain't wimps dude!

Here's a pic of it.
Salt & Pepper Shrimp

The next entree we ordered was your typical Chinese dish that most gringos order and that is drum roll please…..rrrrrrrrrrrr…..! Sweet and Sour Pork.

Sweet & Sour Pork
Well the sweet sour pork is on the left of the pic, and you can see 2 smaller bowls of Egg Drop Soup, and to the right some steamed rice.

Here's my take on the shrimp, it was locally grown, and it was really tasty, chef removed most of the shell, I'd give it 4 Yays out of 5. Now for the Sweet & Sour Pork, it was a tad on the chewy side, may have been cooked too long? I'm not too certain, but it was really delicious nonetheless. I'd give it a 3.75 Yays out of 5. So with that said, Fu Lin's was good today. Only thing, Mei the owner had some trouble with the credit card machine… maybe somebody help get that thing fixed?
                 
© 2014

Kahaialii Entertainment
© 2014



No comments:

Post a Comment