CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Sunday, August 20, 2017

EL GAUCHO

Enough of recipes! Enough, for the next few blog posts this week, I'm gonna have me some fun, and talk to couples vacaying here on Maui, ask them where they are from, and of course where I should eat if I visit their city. So today's question is, "Where's a good steak house where you live?"

So the couple I met was in Kaanapali on their vaycay, age? Both of them early 40's. Profession? He an attorney, she a salesperson in the construction industry. (No pics or last names to protect identity theft)... Michael and Hannah are first timers to Maui, and can't wait to come back when the humpback whales are in town, that's a few months down the road.

"So guys, where are you from?"

"We are living in Seattle now, but I'm originally from Boston," says Michael. "I'm from Portland, "says Hannah.

"OK, so if I go to Seattle, you'll get me tickets to a Seahawks game?"

"Maybe, you a football fan?"

"I'm a Ram fan since I was little."

Forget that, they hate the rams, but Michael is a big Patriots, Celtics, Bruins, and Red Sox fan, of course he's originally from Bean Town. But they adopted the Seahawks, since living there for over 12 years.

"So guys, where do you go for a night out for good food, like steaks?" I asked.

Without hesitation, Michael says, "El Gaucho, it's a very nice restaurant, kind of classy, not Sizzler's for sure." Sizzler's? Is the chain still around? Well shows his age, because I thought Sizzler's was a cool steak house.

Hannah chimes in, "Yeah, it's a very very nice place to dine if you like seafood and steaks, the food is excellent, and the waitstaff is awesome too."

Michael's suggestion: 

Starters: Tenderloin Diablo I went online to see their menu, and it is sautéed tenderloin tips, cajun cream sauce for $18.00
He also likes the Pancetta Wrapped Jumbo Prawns It is grilled with scallion pesto for $19.00

Soup: Creamy Clam Chowder it is New England style, in a bowl for $12.00

Entree: Filet Medallions Oscar this is 2 4 oz. filets, topped with dungeness crab, asparagus and béarnaise sauce for $74.00 !!!! Yikes! These guys make some cash. :)

Hannah's suggestion: 

Starters: Ahi Tuna Tartare diced and lightly dressed with soy and lemon for $18.00
But she also likes the Fresh Dungeness Crab Cakes lightly sautéed, roasted pepper pesto for $18.00

Salad: Tableside Gaucho Salad shrimp, roquefort for $13.00 Looks like wifey likes cheesy food

Soup: French Onion Soup $11.00

Entree: Diver Sea Scallops & Grilled Prawn Linguine fresh herb, lemon beurre blanc for $38.00

Now I'm listening to them on my iPhone 6s from the recorded file of my interview. Because I meet these subjects outside most of the time, it is not like we are sitting at a computer together. In fact Michael was showing me this restaurant's website on his iPhone 7 plus. So I had to go home and look at the place again. I have friends in Seattle I wonder if any of them frequented El Gaucho?

Both of them are fine diners, they are into wine, and this place has its own sommelier ready to suggest a bottle of wine with their dinners. Wow!

Desserts are craved after a fine dinner, both Michael and Hannah loves the Creme Brûlée classic for $8.00

Well thanks guys, may Seattle win another Super Bowl, and are the Supersonics coming back? Hahaha. Is Grunge Rock coming back? OK stale joke. I make stale jokey. I shut up now!

www.elgaucho.com

Here's some pics I ripped from Google hahahaha.

OK, I guess shorts, tank top, and slippers will not work

Classy bartender, more like mixologist?

Supposedly charcoal grilled

Shit guys I'm tired, go look this place up yourselves, I'll do more in depth research on El Gaucho if El Gaucho pays me. Haha! OK Goodnight!

© 2017







No comments:

Post a Comment