CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Monday, August 14, 2017

SWEET BREAD FRENCH TOAST

Local style (Hawaiian) breakfast, filling, hefty, ono, hot coffee, family (ohana), friends, noisy, quiet, breezy, papayas, pineapple. If you ever come to Hawaii, you will see for breakfast, we got the epic stuff. Sorry other parts of the world, we know breakfast, and we do not fool around, breakfast time, we mop, we grine, we have no shame, non, nada, zero, zip!

There are times in the morning, I feel like having a 3 egg Portuguese sausage omelet, with white toast, butter, hash browns, and 2 mini hot cakes. That's right. I have no shame! And when I eat my breakfast, I do not, I repeat do not converse. No talking please! If this is part of a business breakfast, you best not talk about marketing, sales, numbers, you best be shut up! Eat! We can talk after we eat. "So Ron we propose..." "Shut up!" "Sorry we were thinking that your proposal..." "Shut up!"

Honolulu has more places than Maui (where I currently live) to eat awesome breakfast. And there is one particular restaurant I wish would open here on Maui, and that is Eggs n Things. https://www.eggsnthings.com

The original was set up in Waikiki by Jerry and Jan Fukunaga was located on Ena Rd., in 1974. Their idea of using fresh island ingredients, keeping it affordable, and treating customers like family was the key, and decades later, that formula still works. I was just browsing, and man, if I was there right now? I'd order the Sweet Bread French Toast, and 2 eggs OE on the side, and a cup of coffee, man that would hit the spot right now! In fact it would hit the spot any time.

Sorry for this short blog post, I am just sharing my thoughts, my foodie thoughts this morning.

Look at this work of art


© 2017




No comments:

Post a Comment