CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Monday, January 24, 2011

WON TON CHIPS FROM HILO HAWAII

Won Ton Chips were a huge part of growing up here in Hawaii, those plastic bags, sealed tight, with the picture of the strongman power lifting a whole ton over his head! And his red colored trunks. The chips are just won ton chips, cut into small cubes, it had a very distinct flavor, crunchy, your hands would get a little oily, but that was alright, it tasted great, and still does. This bag goes for under 5 dollars at a local pitstop in Lahaina, eat some of these and drink a nice can of cold Coca Cola, you're doing okay man. Maebo Noodle Factory in Hilo, Hawaii makes these awesome snacks, a part of the culture, I remember getting these at the Hap Wo Store in Lahaina when mom and dad did the laundry, the laundromat was right behind Hap Wo's and we'd go over there to get Cokes, peanuts from the machine, and of course Maebo Won Ton Chips, can't beat it growing up, I used to put handfuls in my mouth and my sister Esther would scold me for pigging out, before they knew it, I'd eat the whole bag ha ha ha ha ha! But you can't just eat one of these squares, you eat one, I swear you'd eat the whole bag, many a local kid was guilty of eating this whole bag by themselves, it was just easy to do, no wonder after many generations, kids are still eating this stuff like it's going outta style man. Maebo is the best snack, it's getting expensive, I remember buying a medium sized bag for about .99 cents when I was a kid, now this bag you see in this picture is like about 4.60 plus tax, but it's still a hot freeking item.
Go check out http://www.one-ton.com/ and find out more about them.













No comments:

Post a Comment