CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

MAUI- Beef Lovers Have Quite a Few Options When Visiting Maui

Where's a good steak on Maui? If you'll be visiting Maui and wondering where you can get a juicy steak. Here's a few places I do suggest. Okay this is like a chain restaurant but you can't go wrong at Outback Steakhouse, there's one in Lahaina at the Lahaina Gateway Center, and one in Kihei at the Lipoa Shopping Village. So what if it's a chain or corporate, they do steaks right, that's what they specialize in. I don't care for their seafood stuff or appetizers, I think it's just mediocre, but when it comes to their steaks, they do know how to do it right, well... I did taste some awesome steaks on the mainland, and backyard cookouts, but  for anyone paying a good dollar on an evening out for steaks, Outback is really a good bet. The Melbourne is my favorite, a huge porterhouse that's seared and juicy, that and some sauteed shrooms, and some mash potatoes, that's the way to go. Or their ribeyes are perfect also, and if you do want some shrimp order some with your beef, have that surf and turf you been dreaming about.

Other not bad joints, Black Angus in Kahana is so so, sometimes I hear it's the best and sometimes I hear it's the pits. And there's Ruth's Chris in the Lahaina Center near the Hard Rock Cafe on Front Street. Now they do beef right all of the time.

Some restaurants have decent steaks, but are more focused on being Pacific Rim or Hawaiian Regional which quite frankly I'm sick and tired of. Almost every  Fn restaurant does the same ass shit! Well, If you like beef, I'm sorry to give you this heads up, but I can't find a really really good steak here on Maui, unless I do it myself, or have a friend do it at his or here house on relaxation mode you know? But Outback Steakhouse, and Ruth's Chris is the most on it restaurants if you want quality beef.

Or you can head to my friend's place called Maui Prime Gourmet a shop that sells Kobe beef, buy a steak there and grill it yourself. Or go to our local markets and see if you can get some Maui Cattle Company's grass fed beef, their beef is pretty good I must say. So there you have it, it's my take on beef on Maui, and if you got any other suggestions please comment on this beef matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment