CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Thursday, September 1, 2011

MAUI STYLE BREAKFAST

A kind woman asked me the other day, "Sir do you live here?" I replied, "No I live on Molokai, and I swim across the Pailolo Channel every morning to work, and return the same way back home. Mam of course I live here." She giggled, I nice lady from outside of Chicago.


She has a condo for a week in Kaanapali, and to save money she asked me what kind of stuff we locals would cook for breakfast, my response was pretty quick, like a gunslinger in a western movie, POW! Your dead! My quick response, "Oh mam, Portuguese sausage and eggs, hands down, a local fave, cook that and you're set for the rest of the day, eat that with a couple scoops of sticky white rice, that's it."


I had to explain to her that since she was from the Chicago area, she no doubt was an Italian sausage or Polish sausage lover, or some kind of sausage or wiener freak. And she was, she was a brat freak, and Italian sausage lover. So when I explained to her that the Portuguese sausage was tasty and spicy and came in mild or hot flavors she went nuts. I had to calm her ass down.


So I told her go to any supermarket and find any locally made brand, since she was on Maui I informed her that she should get Uncle Louie's. This is the recipe I gave her.


Feeds her 6 family members who all looked like offensive linemen from the Chicago Bears.


2 dozen eggs scrambled and cooked (maybe more?)
60 oz. of Uncle Louie's any flavor sausage, that's 10 logs one for each person!
4 medium to large Maui onions, sliced and sauteed
Since they wanted bread, I told them go ahead and buy whatever they wanted and exclude the white rice.


Simple: Slice all the Portuguese sausage into 1/4 inch thick slices, put it into a roasting pan, heat up the oven to 400 deg. f. and a roast the sausage pieces for about 15 minutes giving it some crust, then add in the sauteed onions to the roasting pan and mix it up, turn off the stove, serve it with the eggs and bread.


I have yet to receive a comment from her, but that is one killa easy local style breakfast.

























No comments:

Post a Comment