CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

OHELO'S JELLY FOUR PEPPERS

 Richard Green, 1/2 owner of Ohelo's Jelly sits at a demonstration table as you enter Foodland Farms in Lahaina's Gateway Shopping Center. It was a hot day as usual in Lahaina, I needed to pick up some cooking oil, and was kind of happy to do so knowing that the supermarket is nice and cool. I enter, and I see Richard sitting down behind the demo table, with nicely labeled jars of jellies. He looks friendly as soon as we make eye contact the aloha spirit connects.

"Hi there," says Richard.

"Hey how's it going, what you got here?" I asked.

"Well, we got some jellies here," says Richard. He holds up a few and tells me the flavors, but the one that caught my eyes was the Ohelo's Four Pepper Jelly.

"Can I try that For Peppers?" He is happy to turn me on to this local product. He spreads some over some ham and some turkey. I take a bite. "Man this is good." Of course I had to get a jar, I took it home and the Ohana was ready to use it on some breaded pork Filipino style.

Richard and his wife are partners in this business of jellies. He is out of Kapolei on Oahu, and he does not have a website as of this post that I know of. However, the packaging is done with thought, the jars labels stand out. And the Four Peppers is my favorite, it has a nice pepper bite but not too much, and it is sweet too. Fruity. I need to do more research on Richard's company, but I am impressed by the flavor, and it is good. I love jellies. Recently I had some Mayhaw jelly from Texas, my boss gave me a jar, and those Hawthorn berries are sweet as well, we ate that jar up fast! I think this Four Peppers aren't going to last very long, especially with kids in the house, it's as good as gone!

Stay tuned and I'll post more info on this local brand of jelly. Oh I tried a couple other flavors, but this one is what I love the best. I wish Richard and his wife many sales, and total success in their journey selling this product.
Ohelo's Four Peppers is a winner!
Mahalo Richard Green

© 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment