CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

TEST KITCHEN Tangy Beef with Onions Part 3 Version #1

Test kitchens are for testing, I am testing because my soon to be out cook/food book for the intermediate foodie has to be  a simple one eh? EZ to understand, to comprehend. The writ needs to be in your face without any foggy instructions.


Somethings can be inexplicable only if the info presenter lacks the energy to produce. So my yet to be titled book is in the works. The copyright needs to be paid for, the ISBN number all that nonsense. But for each author that is on the market, the protocol of legally having one's book published and sold is of the utmost importance.


But back to the future book, and of course the contents. There will be 7 dishes from Beef, Pork, Chicken, Fish, Turkey, so that's what? 35 dishes? Yeah that's it, and it gives the foodie a chance to set up a dish for everyday of the week. So this test dish falls under the BEEF category, and it is Tuesday's dinner, or lunch or whatever.


So the test kitchen commences, the dish is TANGY BEEF w/ ONIONS, a homey local grinez we had at home. Mom Peggy would make this, but I'm trying to find my own identity with this.


Welcome to Part 3


I tried this with red wine vinegar, it had a different flavor and contrasting from using Heinz apple cider vinegar, and I used Kikkoman Shoyu or soy sauce for this. I tried 2 different versions.


Version #1, Round steak sliced thin, with red wine vinegar, and the Kikkoman. I used, about 1 cup of shoyu, and 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar, the standard pinch of each, garlic and ginger, and the onions were sliced thicker, sauteed separately but not overcooked. The round steak seemed to me a tad on the dry side, as opposed to the flank for some reason, I loved the flank sliced thin, so did my human test rats. Though this latest test recipe was eaten pretty quickly by the two legged rats,,  I guess they were hungry, I personally thought there needed more vinegar in there, and quite frankly, version #1 of this testing I did not like.
STAR Red Wine Vingar (L)














Top Round Steak (not my fave for this dish)



Stay tuned for Version#2 of the latest test on TANGY BEEF w/ ONIONS

No comments:

Post a Comment