CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

TEST KITCHEN Tangy Beef with Onions Part 2

The test kitchen continues, as I tweak a creation I call TANGY BEEF with ONIONS. I did several tests and had a few human test rats to taste it. The most recent test is in, and the star ingredients are beef, vinegar, soy sauce, and onions. But the beef is key, I wanted to use thin cuts to cook cook quickly on the stove top. I used a stainless steel pan, vegetable oil, garlic, ginger minced up. And I used thin sliced onions.


For some reason, I'm going heavy on the vinegar, at this test and the past test, I used Heinz Apple Cider Vinegar, and though I went hard on it in the pan, my test rats loved it, I guess sour tangy flaves are alright, but still, I need to balance this out more, I'm getting frustrated because I can imagine the taste in my head... um, my mouth I meant, and I can imagine the aroma, everything what it will be like, that experience. But back to the drawing boards.


(This dish is in my upcoming cook/food book) Tentatively untitled.


What am I looking for in this dish? I want this dish to be mouth watering, an aroma that will have all of the aromatics in one's face or nose, you know? Right now it primarily onions and garlic and ginger, and onions, and the beef that I'm smelling, but, I want that right scent to just attack the foodie right off the bat eh?


So right now I go back to the testing. For the next few days I'll be using Heinz Apple Cider Vinegar, Aloha Shoyu, and some thin cuts of beef, let's see what works, shouldn't be too hard because no matter how I'm doing this as a test, the human rats I have love it so far, no matter how much or less a certain ingredient I'm using.


No matter how I cook this, the vinegar really has people trying  any food that has a vinegar in a starring role.


Once I get this figured out, I'll type out the recipe for the book.







No comments:

Post a Comment