CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Foodies R Very Intelligent

Today is October 1st, 2011 and it is a time when the internet is making people smarter when it comes to food, in fact some of my friends are so into being a foodie, I'm learning more from them than the Food Network.


Gone are the days when regular folks don't understand how foods are prepared, for instance ethnic foods are so spread out across the US, that people know their shit when it comes to foods that they wouldn't think of eating a decade ago. Thanks to the internet, blogs, websites, forums, we as foodies are becoming so consumed by vital information our food IQ is rising all the time.


The Food Network is one that takes the average person on journeys, shows produced to showcase bistros, or hole in the walls with foods that make your mouth water right off the bat, right off of that 360 CC driver, it hits you! Foodies are not idiots. Experts in food tell how an Italian dish is supposed to be made, how a Chinese chef makes a roast duck the right way and what to expect, what a classic sauce is supposed to look like and taste like, or to the extent of what the kitchen's cleanliness should be which is clean without rats runnin around. Peeps into food are not stupid any longer.


"I ate at Longhi's the other night, it totally sucked," says a visitor from the mainland. "The seafood wasn't fresh, like the waiter said it was, I can tell, I know my food man, and Longhi's did suck, sorry, the presentation was alright, but the food was not good, I ate it, but it sucked."


Another well traveled foodie a woman who remains anonymous said, "I tired Honu, it was all rave when I landed on Maui, my friends live in Lahaina, and they all ranted and raved about Honu, well it was just so so, and I really felt that the flavors were too much on this fish dish I had, I wanted to meet the owner but he wasn't there. A few nights later, we went to the sister restaurant in Wailea, Mala, and it was spectacular, and I had no idea Honu and Mala in Lahaina were right next to each other my hosts didn't tell me that.


"We also ate at Star Noodles which was very good, we ate at Feast at Lele not good, I tried Duke's, so so, and all the rave of Merriman's in Kapalua was okay, not great. Sansei was okay, I've seen better sushi places around the world, I think they copied other places, but it was good at least edible, we tried Flatbread in Paia, that was wonderful, we tried Mama's in Paia, it was just okay. Again this is just my opinion, I have high standards, the first is taste, and do the restaurant really know how to cook, sometimes a saute fish is too over cooked, a grilled chicken is too hard you know?"


Okay, so more on this crap laters! Chefs, bring your A game because there's intelligent foodies coming to town soon. Then again, if you did the best you can screw them right? ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment