CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Another One Crashes On Lava Rocks! Melting Pot Melts

I was never into fondue that much, never had the hots for it. I mean sitting around and dipping food into some melted crap isn't something that turns me on. I remember growing up in the 70's as a little kid I remember shows in the 70's, people ate fondue with Simon and Garfunkel's Mrs. Robinson playing in the background. Fondue never interested me at all.


So then, last week I found out that Wok Star closed, and just a minute ago walking to Barnes and Noble here in Lahaina, the maintenance guy tells me, "Hey man the Melting Pot closed." I was like, no shit?


So for those of you bozos that love fondue, oh well, you gots ta make your ownz I reckon. Just kidding but, The Melting Pot just melted,  ha ha ha. It melted on volcanic rock! The sad thing is there were employees there that now don't have a gig, and in these times trying to land any gig is fucking hard. Fucking hard.


Okay then sorry for the cussing, I'm pissed because my project test kitchen is on hold, our test kitchen's stove decided to die. Hey this is irony or what? Is it? Everything is dying, or does irony mean something else, I'm toasted excuse me for living.


Anyhow, if there were any naysayers out there a few years ago that said The Melting Pot wouldn't last, you gotta call them yaysayers then. Whatever, The Melting Pot is closed despite the temporary sign, it is closed for good, has to be, according to the maintenance dude, "They moved out their trash dumpsters." Okay that's a good indicator a restaurant is outta biz, their trash bins are gone, why would the owners keep on paying the fucking trash collectors when they won't have any trash to haul.
Photo: Ron Sambrano














Photo: Ron Sambrano

No comments:

Post a Comment