CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Monday, November 28, 2011

CHRISTMAS CAKES

Alright foodies, it's a few days before December 2011, so it's time for lots of baking, pies, cookies, and my favorite, Christmas cakes. Man there's nothing like eating a  Christmas cake that a friend baked. In fact, I know several of my foodie friends that can really kick fucking ass in the baking department, I'm not included in that department, I suck at baking really, though at times I can pull off a baking task which is rarely.


My friend Jaime Navarro is an excellent home baker, my niece Tamara same thing, it's the love they put into baking. So then what am I going to write about today as Christmas lurks a few weeks ahead? I'll be looking at some Christmas cakes, from today on until Christmas day, I'll be talking about Christmas cakes, and pies, and cookies, sharing what was shared to me. Here goes.


EGGNOG BUNDT CAKE WITH RUM FROSTING


1 box yellow cake mix
4 eggs
1 cup eggnog
1 pack instant vanilla pudding
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2  filtered water
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla


Frosting:
5 tbsp. rum
1 1/8 cup powdered sugar


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 deg.


Mix all of the cake mixture ingredients in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth.


Prepare the bundt pan with nonstick spray.


Pour into pan, and bake for about 50 minutes. (Cool at least 20 minutes before removing from pan).


Make the frosting, add more rum if you want it thinner, then drizzle over the cake, then serve with a nice cup of hot coffee.




The pan you'll need looks like this, it's a deep pan, when you're done baking, you  flip it and the cake comes out with the rounded part as the top.




Okay, now you know what a bundt cake pan looks like, it's time you get off of your freeking ass and bake some serious ass Eggnog Bundt Cake w/ Rum Frosting. I may have some Hana Bay Rum around here somewhere, shit, what if I used beer?


Anyhow, Happy baking this Holiday season, and if you fuck up your cake who really gives a fuck? Happy Christmas and if you are Jewish, Happy Hanukkah. Ho Ho Ho, where's the Ho? Is she still on the street? Tell her to go wash up! 





No comments:

Post a Comment