CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Chowder in Maine

The beautiful thing about life here on Maui is that I get to meet people from all over the world, I mean I met people from all over this globe. Recently I ran into some peeps from Maine, here away from the cold of the east coast, a friendly couple in their mid-fifties I presumed. They were asking me where to get some great plate lunches, local Maui style. Well that was easy since I was just cruising around my home town of Lahaina, I pointed right across the street to No Ka Oi Deli.


Well, long story short we get to talking, and I find out they are from lobster country Maine USA! Man I can't eat lobsters anymore because I swell up, so I asked them a question they just asked me, I wanted to know where to eat if I ever got to Maine, the husband told me they frequent a place called Cappy's Chowder House in Camden Maine. 


"That's the place to get some great seafood chowder," he says. "But you if you want lobster, you may not get it in the spring." But his wife smiled and said the same thing, "They're really family oriented, I think you'll enjoy dining there." Hmmm, family oriented, I like this east coast thang going on. So I looked them up, and I think I'd go there if I get to the east coast some day. Cappy's Chowder House.


I pasted their menu from their website, looks good. I think I'll save up for my plane ticket.



Cappy's Chowder House Menus

Below is a brief list of the kind of food we always serve.

Click here for an up-to-date seasonal menu in PDF form.

The following is some of our most popular items. But we have loads of sandwiches, burgers, salads and other goodies. Our menu changes monthly, so the following list is approximate.


Cappy's Famous Clam Chowder

Maine Chowder Law says white! . . . never red! We've been making our traditional MAINE chowder for almost 32 years. It's rich and creamy and chock full of clams and potato. Small mug $7.99 Large mug $8.99 Take-home pint $9.99

Daily Zoups and Chili

See what the Chef came up with today! Add a Grown-Up Grilled Cheese to your bowl of Zoup, Chowder or Chili!

Arancini Sicilian Risotto Balls

Jo’s Nanny brought this recipe from Sicily 8.99

Lobster Lobster

our MAINE lobsters are brought to us fresh, straight from the Bay!
when available . . . SEASONAL . . . market price

Old Fashioned Fish and Chips

Maine Haddock breaded and fried Downeast style served with coleslaw and fries 15.99

Cappy’s Cakes of Crab

This is Faith’s favorite! Our own recipe and it’s wicked good. Served over field greens with roasted corn salad and a lemony chive dressing 14.99

Maine Shrimp Basket

Served with curly fries and coleslaw 12.99

Cappy’s Panini- Our version of a Maine favorite, served grilled on Rosemary bread from our bakery

  • Lobster Salad with Cheddar and Tomato Market Price
  • Crab Salad with Cheddar and Tomato 13.99
  • Roasted Turkey with Cheddar and Cranberry Chutney 10.99
  • Traditional Rolls available Market Price

Cappy’s Chopped Salad

Chopped romaine topped with bacon, tomatoes, caramelized onions and gorgonzola cheese 8.99

Short Ribs

Boneless short ribs are braised, then slow cooked to perfection and served with local root vegetables under a puff pastry. Served with small salad 16.99

Lobster Mac and Cheese

MAINE lobster, shell pasta, and our four-cheese sauce make this a mouthwatering dish. Served with a small salad 15.99

Polenta Lasagna

Roasted Vegetables are stuffed between layers of cheese and polenta with our house marinara sauce. Served with small salad 13.99

Market Steak

Changes at the Chef’s whim. Served with small salad. Market Price

Catch of the Day

Ask your server what the local fisherman has brought us today market price

Don’t forget … Cappy’s Camden Curly Fries 3.99 or Crock of Coleslaw 3.99


No comments:

Post a Comment