CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Friday, January 20, 2012

HOSTESS files for bankruptcy

I got back from Vegas last month, and my girlfriend  & our boy wanted deep fried Twinkies. Not me though, screw that right? Yup, no way, I was never a Twinkie dude. I was more of a freekin Ho Ho's dude, I liked the chocolate more than anything.


But as I read the latest issue of The Economist, on page 7, under the red heading Not So Sweet, the Hostess company is filing for bankruptcy protection. The cause? The high cost associated with the pension and medical benefits it provides to its workers, which 83% of them are with the union.


Wow! I'm not a Hostess fan really, but to see those gas station marts without it would be different, those well preserved sweets, that goes great after a meal consisting of fried canned Vienna sausages, and canned sardines.

No comments:

Post a Comment