CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Thursday, March 29, 2012

MAUI Fernandos Mexican Grill and Cantina

I can tell you this much, I love Mexican food period. And Maui believe it or not has some pretty good Mex. Okay it ain't Mexico, and it ain't Arizona, Vegas, or Southern California, or Tex Mex, give me some slack here okay? But we do have... not bad Mex on Maui. The true aficonados will total disagree, almost 100% of the time, you know that dude, "What?!!! No way man I went to college in Phoenix, I surfed in Baja, I lived in Mexico, my girl is Mexican, I know the president of Mexico, I live and breath Mexican food bro! So don't you tell me that Maui has good or close to good Mex, man don't go there!"


Well, I will, and I think for what it is and where we are, we do have pretty good stuff, and one place I like is Fernandos Mexican Grill & Cantina, located in Kahului at the Queen Kaahumanu Center next to Sears, Fernandos is really good, I think the food taste good anyhow, and okay, okay I did not go to Mexico, but I did try some killer Mex in Vegas and in Southern Cal, so I know the standards are pretty high when you come from those locations. But Fernandos is a cool restaurant, everyday from 2p-6p, it is Happy Hours time! You can get hard shell tacos for $2.00, Taquitos for $3.00, $2.25 Bud Light/Michelob draft, $4.50 original lime margaritas, it's perfect. The ambience is relaxing, you can do a business lunch here, or meet a friend after surfing, enjoy the t.v. sports might be on.


The $2.00 tacos rule, can't get any better than that, so for 10 bucks, you can have a couple tacos and a beer or two.www.fernandosmaui.com/mg/  


Phone: 808-871-5999


Pictured Below in order, Nachos, Torta, Chile Verde
























No comments:

Post a Comment