CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

MAUI Peking Duck

Locals on Maui love Chinese food, and one dish we love is Peking Duck, the famous spiced duck that you see hanging on the hooks in China Towns across the globe.


There's a few Chinese places on Maui that serve up this famous roasted bird, and I've blogged this subject before, and seriously it's hard to find good Peking duck here, however taking a flight or swim to the island of Oahu, right in the downtown area where China Town sits, there's a few excellent places to get it. So when I want good Peking Duck, and don't want to fly to Hong Kong, Honolulu is the city to get it. But this article is again just to let you mainland folks know what we love. Because the Chinese were part of the immigrants that came here long ago to work the plantations in sugar and in the pineapple fields, we grew up with Chinese food. Peking Duck is my fave for sure. A good Peking Duck is seasoned just right, some restaurants make it too damned salty and I can't have that because of the blood pressure thang! I like it just right, a tad sweet, and a little salty, but it has to have that aroma, the skin needs to be crispy, and the insides need to be juicy tender. If your Peking Duck is dried, send it back to the chef, and if he gives you an attitude, find out where his car is at, and flat his tires!!!!


Seriously Peking Duck rocks, it rules the school to me on all the other Chinese dishes, if I see someone eating it in a restaurant, and it looks as I just described? I'm all over it, i want a whole duck to myself, and you're talking an easy 4 lb. bird haha. 


Hanging Peking Duck, sorry bird, the Chinese add insult to injury, not only is this thing dead, but they have to hang it on display too. Leave it to the Chinese but a good Peking Duck is gold babe! Gold, pure gold!!!1

No comments:

Post a Comment