CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

MAUI Sushi @ Kai Ritz Carlton Kapalua

Sunday evening my production man Sascha Bauml said, "Ron we got to get your audio down man, it's important for all the voice over stuff we'll need, but first let's go to Kai and get something to eat." Okay we went, to the Ritz Carlton Kapalua to Kai Sushi in the lobby, over looking the ocean, quite frankly I wasn't dressed right, I was in my uniform, I just got off of work....at Kapalua, really the last place I wanted to be, but what the hell, Christine Sascha's girlfriend got us some grines.


If you're at the Ritz, Kai Sushi is very very good, in fact excellent, the views from the window is awesome, on this particular evening, the water was choppy out in the Pailolo Channel, that 9 mile stretch of ocean that separates East Molokai and the beach in front of the Ritz. But the views are incredible, it will lower your stress just being there. On this evening Tiger Woods just won for his first time in 30 months, winning Arnold Palmer's Invitational. So after we ate, we hung around to watch the t.v. in the bar, and there was Tiger fist pumping as he walked off the 18th a champion again, I always knew he'd win again, he's probably back to banging hookers, he got his groove back, what ever works Tiger, you're not married so you aren't a cheetah.


So what did we talk about? We talked about being multi-billionaires with our video projects, and how we needed to get our funds all lined up, lots of great ideas but without the seed money it's pretty hard to do any kind of biz especially on Maui. Starting out in any kind of business here on Maui is just F....g hard, but we got the will to do it, we just have to stay focused.


Looking at the island, and the local population, as well as the part-timers that own property here, and of course the visitors, there's a lot of potential here even if the nay sayers are saying, "No not now, don't even bother starting a business, it's still too fragile, you may lose everything." Well, what if we F   g died today after I wrote this blog?


After talking at Kai, by the way Sascha had his Spicy Tuna Roll with his Eel, and a Pina Colada without the rum, and I had a plate of Ahi Sashimi, and a Heineken, that's all I needed, I didn't want any rice, too filling, because I had to go and work on audio, that's reading a script, and listening to it again and again to get the right feel. Audio work ain't easy, you kind of have to get out of your lazy zone, and energized, if I ate rice, I'd be slow and sluggish. So Kai Sushi is a really nice spot in Kapalua to get your sushi fix, it is classy, and you are paying for the ambiance.


First pic is Kai Sushi's Spicy Tuna Roll w/ Eel, the second picture is a plate of Ahi Sashimi the fatty part.
http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/KapaluaMaui/Dining/KaiSushiBar/Menu.htm


1 comment:

  1. Have you ever thought about creating an e-book or guest authoring on
    other sites? I have a blog centered on the same topics you discuss and would really
    like to have you share some stories/information.
    I know my subscribers would value your work. If you're even remotely interested, feel free to send me an email.
    Review my homepage ; hcg diet injections

    ReplyDelete