Here I am on Maui Island, and recently I'm doing this thing with our tourists here is I'm asking them, "Hey guys where are your from, and where is a great place to eat if I go there?" I met a couple from Portland Oregon. As usual, they were kind of skeptical of me, I mean I wore a t-shirt, shorts, and flip flops, I used deodorant and combed what's left of my hair, I just turned 49 man, so yeah I'm looking more and more like an old guy.
So I says, "Tell me where I should go if I go to Portland to eat a good sandwich or anything?"
The man also in his forties says, "Oh you like burgers?"
"Yeah I love it, in fact when I was a kid all I ever ate was burgers."
"Alright, there's a small chain it is called Killer Burgers."
"Okay, does Charles Manson have a stake in it or Ted Bundy?"
After a few giggles I'm safe to talk to even more. The man continues, "Yeah they have a few burgers, all tasty stuff, you can get bacon, cheese, their Smokey House Sauce, grilled onions, fried eggs, ham, anything."
However the lady was like, "I don't know how he eats that ______t, it is good burgers though, but he over eats when we go there, he'll add extra burgers, and order take out to go with us, that's too much."
"So," I say, "Killer Burgers, I need to Google it."
"Yeah go ahead and Yelp it too, man those guys are great."
Okay folks, now it's time to sit at the MacBookPro and google these guys. Okay I'm on it, I just went on their webpage, very professional. In fact I'll rip off a pic right now, check this burger out!
Hmm, looks delicious or "ono" and I'd whack that anytime man. Fries and a soft drink would be nuts.
Okay so let's get down to their menu.
Every Killer Burger is 1/3 pound 100% Beef & Includes Bacon French Fries.
- Peanut Butter Pickle Bacon Sweet & Savory Bacon, Smokey House Sauce, Mayo, Grilled onion, & Pickle $7.95 *This price is pretty good, if this was Maui, it'll be like 10.99 to 13.99.
- Jose Mendoza Roasted Green Chilies & Jack Cheese, Bacon, Smokey House Sauce, Grilled Onion & Pickle $8.95
- Teemah Melted Bleu Cheese, Bacon, Smokey House Sauce, Grilled Onion, & Pickle $8.95
- Fun Guy Mushroom & Melted Swiss, Bacon, Smokey House Sauce, Grilled Onion, & Pickle $8.45 *Now I don't know why this is called Fun Guy, now if they used magic shroomz, I truly believe that this would be a Fun Guy Burger.
- Roll Your Own Your Own Way (Add $1.00 for ham or egg) $7.95
- Classic Bacon, Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato, Smokey House Sauce, Grilled Onion, & Pickle $9.95
- Old School Mayo, Mustard, Raw Onion, Cheddar, Bacon $7.95
- "Go Metro" Sub a Garden Patty on any of the burgers (add bacon)$1.00
- "Girlie" Any size burger basket (1/2 the size) add $1.00 for ham or egg $5.95
So this is what I've concluded from just talking to our friends from Portland that mentioned Killer Burger and looking at the website, is this, they have tasty juicy burgers and they are very popular.
Now I haven't been to this place yet, maybe one day we will and eat there. I think they are clean and professional because just looking at their website you know they want to succeed, I mean they are marketing it online. Go have a look http://killerburger.biz
They have 5 locations in Portland.
Hollywood Ph: 971-544-7521
Downtown PDX: 503-946-8946
copyright 2013 ©