CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

MAUI- I Tested Martha Stewarts Fry Pan On Video Shoot

During today's cooking video shoot, I used my Martha Stewart 10" Stainless Steel fry pan for the first time. It is stainless steel, and has an aluminum component wedged in between stainless steel on the bottom to generate quick heating. During the shoot, since this was my first time using this pan, I had to follow simple instructions, and the first was, before I used the pan, I was to rinse it in water with some soft soap which I did, and wiped it dry. 

The meal I had to cook on this pan was a Pork Loin Chop, with Sauteed Onions, and a Pan Gravy, that's some work this pan will go through. Now I tested it, and it worked really well, it has these rubbery plastic kind of handles, but they withstand oven temps up to 350 degrees f. so this makes a great home chefs pan. I love stainless steel because it makes for great sauce making or gravy making, my chops were thin so I could finish it on the stove top which was an electric and very very powerful, for medium high heat I had it set less than 4, that's tough man.

But if I had thicker cuts of meat, I could oven roast them in the same pan at 350 deg. F. so this pan I'd rate very high for what it is, at $34.99 from Macy's it's a good buy, valuable, and with these pans you cannot use abrasive stuff like soaps or wire brushes because it'll scar the finish, directions calls for this to be soaked in a dish soap and water, and scrubbed with a nylon soft sponge kind of thing, no wires made of metal.

These pans work great on any stove top, even on gas, and induction stove tops.

I needed to fry up 2 Pork Loin Chops about 6 oz. each, and it fit perfectly, I'd recommend the 10" Martha Stewart fry pan stainless steel for the home chef for sure, when I removed the chops to saute' the onions, I just added a little vegetable oil and it slid nicely, caramelizing them into a nice product. And then when it was time for the pan gravy, it was very good, making a roux, and then whisking the gravy into a nice smooth texture, I found that the Martha Stewart 10" Stainless was very good. The only thing I dislike about this pan, is when you move it around and it bangs other pots is it makes this ping sound, a rather cheap sound, but, it's alright for the price. $34.99 is a good buy for this if you are on a budget, with proper care, this pan can go a long way, but for a video chef like myself once this pup gets stained and tarnished, it can't go in front of the cameras but I know it can still make some great meals even then.

Chef Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment