CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Thursday, April 19, 2012

MAUI- Visitors A Must Tasty Crust Restaurant

Maui has history, everyone knows that the islands were home to the big sugar plantations, and currently despite our economy and gas prices soaring close to or over 5.00 a gallon, our source of GDP on island is the tourist trade, our visitors spending dollar is what we thrive on. So when visitors ask me, "Ron where should we go, where do you locals love to go and eat?" Hmm, there are a few places, but now, today as I write this blog post in Lahaina, in my sister's office where it is peaceful, one restaurant comes to mind..TASTY CRUST.


On 1770 Mill Street in Wailuku Town, about 15 minutes from the airport, 30 minutes from Kihei and Lahaina, TASTY CRUST is our version of a local spoon where guys in leather jackets and hot rods hung out. So what's great about this dig? Okay for one, you can get their awesome pancakes anytime of the day. The cakes are fluffy, smother real butter and maple over it and it's like going to grandma's house, and of course a cup of coffee.


If you haven't had the local version of sliced up beef steak with onions, ask for the Chopped Steak, I like mine with loads of ketchup over it, it comes with rice, but I like to order some fries with that. Their hamburgers are home style too, good stuff. And try the Saimin, a local Japanese seafood soup base, with noodles, and garnish. I mean ask for their Hamburger Steak Plate too, ground beef patties seasoned simply, and topped with gravy. Sometimes, I'll ask for a Hamburger Steak, and a Saimin on the side, though...the Saimin is a meal in itself..hmm, we locals love to eat, and eat we shall at TASTY CRUST.


Alright- I'll go and see if I can get a picture online for you because I don't have one available, and I'll just give mention to the site I'm getting it from, hold on..
Ok guys all can get without getting to crazy is a sign from yelp.com; go to yelp for more info on Tasty Crust or go to their site at www.tastycrust.com have a great time on Maui, have a safe time on Maui, on behalf of the people of Maui, Maaaahalo for coming to our beautiful island.


TASTY CRUST Ph: 808-244-0845
No Credit Cards or Checks
Bring Cash

No comments:

Post a Comment