CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

KITCHEN GADGETS Yay or Nay?

This is Christmas time, and time to check out some kitchen gadgets, and for this particular gadget it was tested by some friends who either gave it a positive "Yay" or a negative "Nay."

Today's gadget is...(drum roll)....
OXO Mandoline from Macy's, listed at around 70.00, this model claims our assistants, isn't great, here is some of the remarks.

"It's just alright, it does the job, but it doesn't feel sturdy."

"I'm used professional models, this model actually sucks!"

"I'd rate this a 2 out of 5."

"I almost got my fingers sliced off, but it's an ok model, I'd rather use a kitchen knife."

"Don't like it period!"

So most of the testers are well established home cooks, some have done professional prep work, I myself have not used it, five others have, and these five testers have pulled more on the "Nay" vote on this model.

So if you are thinking of purchasing a mandoline slicer for that foodie for Christmas, think twice about this model, go and do some research on some others. Just some info for you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment