CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

TEST KITCHEN CHOCOLATE MOCHI

This week has been a very very low point for moi (me). C'mon where's your French chops? OK, one- the Dodgers couldn't get past the first round of the NLDS, so that's one big disappointment. And then our house gets burglarized while we all were asleep, yeah go figure… oh well life goes on, and on it shall as I work on my test kitchen projects, today it was Chocolate Mochi. It's a dessert I am working on to perfecting.

What is it? It's mochiko rice flour that is mixed with sugar, salt, and water to form a dense batter and then baked. Because this is rice and not wheat, it has somewhat of a sticky finish. Check out the photos below.



This is what my Chocolate Mochi looks like, mmm!
© CHEF SAMBRANO 2014

But before I got to this stage I had to get through these other stages, well just look and see for yourself, the photos maybe jumbled out of order but you get the idea.
© CHEF SAMBRANO 2014

There's the steps before it was plated, and keep in mind that I Chef Ron do not drizzle any sauces I DOUSE IT TM

             
© 2014




No comments:

Post a Comment