Fill the slow cooker and in the morning, and this Korean inspired beef stew will be ready when you return home from a long day. Just have the cooked rice ready, to save time you can go to your local market and pick it up, or order rice from an Asian restaurant.
- 2 1/2
- lbs. beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- lb. ready-to-eat baby-cut carrots
- green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- cup tomato juice
- cup soy sauce
- 3 1/2
- tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame or vegetable oil
- teaspoon pepper
- teaspoons cornstarch
- teaspoons cold water
- Cooked rice to serve with stew
- Spray 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In the slow cooker, mix the beef, carrots, onions, garlic, tomato juice, soy sauce, sugar, oil and pepper.
- Cover and cook on Low heat setting for about 10 hours.
- In small bowl mix cornstarch and cold water and mix; stir into beef mixture in slow cooker. If you are cooking on low heat setting just increase heat to high. Cover and continue to cook for about 20 minutes more, or until mixture is slightly thickened. If you don't want the stew thickened skip this step. Serve with rice.