CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Friday, December 31, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN WOES

My Foodie friend Emily stopped me in my tracks as I was heading for the bus towards Kaanapali, "Hey Ron!"

"Hey," I didn't know her name, but when you have your own t.v. show people know you.

"Ron how come my chicken is always bloody in the middle?"

"First what's your name?"

"Oh sorry Emily.  I watch your show all the time, but I always screw up my fried chicken, why are the thighs always bloody by da bone?"

Okay my Foodies, if you have this problem it's really simple, for one, cooking fried chicken at home really sucks, having a deep fryer with a lid does the trick, the heat will penetrate the chicken to the bone and that bloody thing won't be bloody.

Here's a trick you can all use, especially for thighs, fry them and get them brown but not too brown.

Heat up your oven to about 375 deg. F., and place the chicken on a cookie sheet, and bake it until it gets really golden brown, the chicken should be cooked all the way through, also remember that the chicken continues to cook once it is out of the oven, let it rest for about 15 minutes, I bet you anything, that fried chicken will be awesome the next time around.

Here's another tip you can use to spice up fried chicken, marinade it in some salad dressing for easy on the go folks, pick a good dressing, Italian, Creamy Asian, or even hot sauces or barbeque sauces, or teriyaki sauces, soak the chicken then coat it with your four mixture and deep fry it, you'll have something new for the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment