CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

HOSTING A PARTY

If you are hosting a party, but want to be a hit with people you don't even know, here's one advice I'll give you, and you don't need to be a cook, but if you are here it is.

Get foods that will be edible for people that may have health issues, and have some vegetarian meals in the event there's an unsuspecting guest that needs a meal that is suitable for diabetes and or hypertension.

I still try to control my own bout of hypertension, and there's nothing more embarassing as me being a guest at someone's home, but can't partake in anything being offered. There was one time my blood pressure was super high and was invited to a party, and all there was was rich foods, meats, poultry, lots of ethnic foods filled with salt, with hardly a bowl of fruit or veggies, and no bottled water, just booze. To be nice and kind, I ate a little of the food, but even that sent my head spinning, when I went home I thought I was going to have a stroke.

So if you host a party, have some of these at the ready just in the event someone can't eat lots of salt (sodium chloride) or sweets.

Tofu mixed with some onions and tomatoes, dressed with a very light oil and vinegar dressing, maybe with some herbs.

Broiled chicken, skin off, not salted, let the guest salt it, they'll be very happy, believe me.

Diabetic friendly cookies, you can buy these at the health food store or section at your supermarket.

Lots of raw fruits cut into slices, as well as veggies.

At least there's something for someone in the event they can't eat heavy.


I do suggest this book by Phyllis Pellman Good entiled FIX IT & ENJOY IT Diabetic Cookbook. Publisher: Good Books. $15.99 and can be found in most book stores or online, if you do have an e-reader, you can get this possibly on Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble . com, and many other book sites.

























Ron Sambrano
808-385-7667
ronsambrano@live.com



No comments:

Post a Comment