CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Monday, September 11, 2017

PEARL'S MAUI MARKET PLACE BBQ BEEF PLATE

It was Saturday evening, my buddy Benmar wants to go out and eat something. OK, so he picks me up in his Lambo, cherry red, car is fast! Only thing, he can't open it up since Maui's speed limit is about 45 mph, he was in third gear for 25 miles. Haha.

But first we had to head to Lowe's for some house repair stuff, not for me, but for him, I don't own a house. And don't really want to. Look at all the crap he has to fix, screens, plumbing, the lawn, too much work! And do you really own the house if the bank has their name attached to it?

"So where you want to eat?" says Benmar.
"I don't know, I hear Jersey Mike's Subs just opened up the road, maybe we should go eat some subs, I hear it's really good."
"Shoot, let's go."

Well long story short, Benmar was tired of driving, hey getting old. 

"OK, let's go someplace close," I say. "Let's do Zippy's then."

Benmar takes his cherry red Lambo around the corner nearly killing an elderly couple, they show us the bird. Oops. However, Zippy's was cranking busy because it was Saturday evening, lots of kids and their families. So now what?

"Let's go to the Maui Market Place food court," I offered. "Let's go to Pearl's man."
"OK, Korean food sounds good."
"OK, just don't kill any old folks when you pull into the parking lot."

Benmar pulls into a stall, and he hits a little kid. Nah just kidding.

We enter the food court, lots of empty tables, cool. I hate crowds myself, I get paranoid. OK background music, someone Black Sabbath please. Haha. Pearl's Korean BBQ, awesome food. All the good sides, from kimchi cabbage, long rice noodle salad, macaroni salad, salted cabbage, tofu, all fresh and clean. In fact if you are a vegetarian, you can just make a plate with the sides.

Ben starts to drool, tonight I was paying for dinner so Benmar goes all out, he orders the BBQ Chicken and BBQ Beef combo, two scoops of rice, and I forgot what sides he got, but his plate was _______ing full!

Then it was my turn, I step up to the plate, I look the counter girl in the eyes, give me your best pitch. "Can I help you sir?" 

"Yes you can, I'll take the BBQ Beef plate."
"The regular size?"
"Yes, the regular size, not the mini, the mini are for sissies, for girly men that wears their sisters sandals, in fact you can make it a double if you like."
"What kind of sides you got four choices."
Wow four! "Ah, double the kimchi cabbage, one macaroni salad, and one long rice salad."

As we stood in line, I ran into some old friends, Tobi and Roland. They were telling me that their kids were now in college. Wow! Time flew so fast! They are adults now. OK, now for our eating session. We both have large Cokes to wash down the delicious (Ono) food.

Benmar opens his foam box, "Yes! Look at that!" He is excited. Of course he is, indeed.

I open my foam box, "Yes!" I am excited, why not? Indeed.

Benmar devours his plate in record time, I'm right behind him. Our plates were big enough to feed two other people each. That's why we locals love Pearl's Korean BBQ, they really pile up the food. In fact their mini plates are huge enough to fill anyone up. But hey, minis are for girly dudes.


Benmar that race car maniac is loving his plate! Indeed

My BBQ Beef plate, that was a hefty plate man, 
indeed. 

So the next time you are on Maui and want some Korean BBQ, head to Pearl's in the Maui Market Place Food Court, or in th Queen Kaahumanu Center's Food Court.



© 2017




No comments:

Post a Comment