CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

SAMMY HAGAR ROCKER FOODIE!

One of my favorite rockers was Sammy Hagar, in fact still is. Standing Hampton was a cool album, since I played drums, the drums on that album was cool. And then Sammy replaced David Lee Roth in Van Halen. Holy _______! Now rock and roll will never be the same!

THE RED ROCKER

Yeah the 80's and 90's, one could say music was _____ing happening. I remember that day like it was yesterday, I'm cooking breakfast at the old Kaanapali Beach Club, smack right on the beach in Kaanapali Maui. My chef tells me, "Hey you heard the news man?" "What news?" "Sammy Hagar is now with Van Halen. The new CD is coming out soon."

Yes, I was waiting for that CD, in fact FM radio played a cut off of that first album with Sammy as the lead singer. The much anticipated album was 5150, shit that song on the radio was what? Dreams. It was Van Halen, but it was different, more refined but in a good way. It was not sloppy, it was good music. Sammy nailed it. I remained a VH fan! Alex was and still is one of my favorite drummers.

But wait, Sammy a tequila man? Holy crap, this dude is a rock star, and then he becomes a restaurateur, and an owner of a tequila company? He makes millions selling music, millions selling books, millions in other investments. Now this is a guy that you got to admire. Why? Poverty is not in his vocabulary as a lot of aging rockers spend all their millions considering they even made that kind of money only to piss it out the window on bad investments, and overspending. Not Sammy. I mean when he left VH, did the VH brothers start a candy company? Not saying anything bad, but Sammy was the smart guy, he never stopped. 

CABO WABO TEQUILA, the Blanco, Reposado, and Anjeo, all primo stuff. 

© 2017


No comments:

Post a Comment