CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Monday, April 29, 2013

MAUI- GRILLING IN THE PARKING LOT "TRI TIPS"

It was a warm Saturday in April, the birds were chirping, the cars were driving by, and all the friends and fellow employees were gathering for a day of celebration, a celebration of being alive, financially strapped, but nonetheless, alive...did I say financially strapped? I think I did.

Anyhow, it was also a day of a mandatory meeting for work. And get this, I was supposed to be off. Was I pissed off? No, I was kind of bummed, but there was food to be eaten, food my friend, good home style food, and friends....friends that are financially strapped, but friends nonetheless. Did I say financially strapped? Yeah, I think I did...never mind. Back to the get together, it was a meeting of minuscule proportions, but there was sushi, and chips and dip for starters, good stuff. And my boss baked snicker doodles for dessert but I ate a few before the meal was cooked.

The best thing about our meetings is we have two expert grillers, and man if you could smell that picture, you'd devour a piece of that tri tip steak, seasoned to perfection with Hawaiian Sea Salt. That's all, nothing else, no special rubs, no herbs or spices, just the salt that brings out the flavor of the meat itself cooked medium well.

The tri tip is a good part of the cow or cattle to eat, it is tender for grilling, and if you get a prime or choice cut it will be marbled pretty good. It will be juicy. Like a good woman. Healthy and juicy, and fertile.

Imagine eating this meat with rice, chow mein noodles, green salad with papaya seed dressing, macaroni salad, and a cold beverage? That's heaven man, heaven.

The tri tip comes from the bottom part of the sirloin and is triangular weighing in about two pounds per side. Just keep in mind most cuts from the loin region is great for dry heat cooking including grilling, sautéing, stir frying etc. and even roasting in the oven. 

Maui folks does grilling the simple way, get that meat and Hawaiian sea salt and go to town.

www.cookemnscarfem.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment