CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

CHINESE NOODLES VANCOUVER, CANADA

I'm on Maui, and I happened to talk to a couple from Vancouver, Canada. I asked them where's a good place for me to go and eat if I ever get to Canada.

"Hmm, well we go to this place called Shalin Noodle House," said the man in his late sixties. "Do you like Chinese food?"

I was like, ".....ck what you talkin bout Willis?!!!"

The wife was like, "Shalin, remember that name, they have great Chinese food there."

Okay, case closed. So we chatted about them, and me, and then them, and then me. Okay I got it, nice peeps, so I decided to get on my $18,000.00 high perf MacBookPro at Barnes and Noble in Lahaina with a a tall coffee, 2 brown sugars and some half and half. Ready to go!

So as I googled Shalin, I had to find out when this place opened up and this is what I found from their website www.shalinnoodlehouse.com

Alright, I'm having a difficult time in one click so screw that who cares when the hell they opened up, last year? Ten years ago? Who cares, let me look at their menu and see what I'd try.

As I look at their beautiful website I clicked Shaolin Specialties, and what came across as inviting is the Fried Cutting Noodles/Dragging Noodles/Pushing Noodles/Round HELA Noodles w/ meat and vegetables. for 9.95 (Canadian) So I think...we pay more in U.S. dollars. I think...

What else looked good here at Shalin? I'd order the Zhajiang Pork w/ Cucumber on Rolling Noodles $7.95 (I love pork but can't really fathom the gout it gives me)

Or maybe the Stewed Noodles wit Chicken & Vegetable in Soup 7.95

The Fried Beef with Onion looks good 9.95

Stewed and Fried Beef Tendon 9.95

Stir Fried Fresh Shrimp 11.95

Fried Scallops with Broccoli 10.95

Spicy Fried Shrimps 12.95

The snacks menu looks delicious: 

Steamed Pork & Vegetable Dumplings 12 pcs. 7.95 18 pcs. 9.95

Dumplings in Sour Soup 12 pcs Pork or Vegetable 9.55

Green Onion Pancake 3.50

Beef Pancake 4.25

Small Chinese Eggs and Chives Buns 2 pcs Deep Fried 3.95

 Shalin Noodle House
656 W. Broadway
Vancouver, V5Z 1G1
604-873-1618
SUN-THURS. 11AM -930PM
FRI-SAT. 11AM- 10PM






















Photo Below from www.foodobyte.com
Sesame Beef with Shanghai Noodleswww.mightysweet.com

I want to thank the cool couple from Vancouver that was nice enough to talk to this local boy dressed in some old beat up red Quick Silver shorts and a raggedy t-shirt that says, "Kill Them _______!" They weren't afraid of me even.


Copyright 2013 TM®
Copyright 2013 TM®









No comments:

Post a Comment