CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Saturday, August 19, 2017

THE COUNTER CUSTOM BURGERS

It's time to have fun, never mind recipes, and cooking for a bit here. I went out yesterday and talked to a couple from Los Angeles, and asked them where they go and eat. Off the top of my head I asked them about burgers, where do they go for good burgers. And this couple, John and Tiara told me that they go to eat burgers at THE COUNTER located at 725 West 7th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90017. It is actually a chain burger restaurant, just check the website.

Anyhow, John and Tiara really likes this place besides the iconic In N Out Burgers, they like this place because you can build your own burger.

John is a big guy, and you can tell he loves food. He played football in high school and small college, ahhh, he's about 33 years old, 6-4, I'd call it 250 on the over scale. I mean, if I had to stock his fridge on a weekly, I'd have to have at least 200 pounds of ribeye. So he tells me, "I like the El Asado Burger." OK, so I went online, and the El Asado Burger according to the website says it is carne asada, lettuce blend, sliced jalapeƱos, fried tomatillos, jalapeƱo jack cheese, corn & black bean salsa, whipped avocado on brioche bun. Hold on Big John isn't done, I had my iPhone 6S recorder going on. "Ron, remember you can build your own burger. When I'm _____ing hungry, I'll get an all natural beef 1 pound burger, on Ciabatta for the bun, and get crazy with cheeses, Ill nail some smoked gouda on it, with some Korean Aioli. No veggies, ____ that!" I checked the menu, yep, he can build it like that. Hmm, a pound? Man this dude can eat. "And shoestring fries."

Now Tiara is a burger junkie herself, this is her. "Ron I like to build my favorite burger, I'll start with all natural beef, the 1/3 pounder, on Brioche, with Brie, grilled red onions, cucumbers, and lots of garlic aioli, with shoestring fries." Holy shit, this is a custom burger. Cucumbers? Brie? 

Well, that was that go look at the website, and if you'll be in L.A. anytime soon, check out The Counter Custom Burgers. It looks like they have one in Hawaii. I wish we had one in Lahaina, this looks pretty cool. Well just wanna thank John and Tiara (no last name or pics to protect their privacy).

REALLY? Kuwait?

If you can build this I hope you got a big mouth!

Thanks again to John and Tiara from L.A., my favorite city, and the Dodgers Baby!

© 2017


No comments:

Post a Comment