CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Sunday, June 28, 2015

120 LB. MARLIN IN BETWEEN MAUI AND LANAI

As I walked down the street in our hood, I was stopped by a buddy of mine who's a great backyard cook that can put some top chefs to shame. Okay for privacy I can't reveal his name. But let me tell you this, the man and his family are fine fishermen, and he showed me three coolers full of shibi (baby ahi), and Ahi itself, and a good size 120 pound Marlin laying on the table as one of his relatives was sectioning the fish, separating the top and bottom loins of this fighting fish. The meat is pinkish, somewhat firm, and is great for sashimi, poke, smoked, and sautéed too, or grilled, heck it's great for fish tacos too.

Here's the fish. Sorry I ain't writing any more, just enjoy the backyard fish cutting pics.






© 2015
          


No comments:

Post a Comment