CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

WHAT TO DO WITH LEFTOVER COSTCO CHICKEN















Photo from Google Images, Uncle Jason's Blog

That Costco run from Lahaina to Kahului here on Maui. What a run. I'm not a member, I used to be, but for myself there's no need for pallets of toilet paper, or laundry detergent. However, I'll follow a couple of friends that have families, and they always pick up Costco roasted chicken, those are huge birds no doubt GMO'd. But who cares? That's some tasty chicken. Some of my friends will always have leftover chicken, and they just let it sit in the fridge. I get on their case because I hate to see food go to waste.

Here's what I'd do with leftovers from Costco.

Take whatever meat and skin that's left over, and toss it in the wok for a quick stir fry with veggies. The meat is already seasoned, maybe toss in some chow mein noodles and some green onions.

I'd take the carcass and boil it with some water to make chicken soup, again the meat's already flavored and the bones have been roasted, it will lend a pretty good soup or broth for gravy.

Or if there's quite a bit of meat leftover, I'd mince in up, and make some chicken salad for a sandwich. There's a lot of things to do with this tasty bird from Costco. Can't go wrong with this, it's always at a reasonable price as well. So there you have it, that's what I'd do with Costco roasted chicken.

Until next time. :) 

      
© 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment