CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Thursday, July 9, 2015

EVERYBODY'S GOT THEIR OWN TERI

Teriyaki sauce is one of the most popular of Japanese concoctions ever invented from our friends who reside on an island nation that has a history of war, turmoil, economic success, natural devastation, and a new growing culture of young Japanese ideals.

The teriyaki sauce... I've seen cooks use different soy sauces claiming their chosen brand is "Yay" and ours is "Nay" well, that's all preferential. Some love teri sweet, not salty. Some love it light, some love it gingery, some even love it garlicky. 

It is hard to please a finicky foodie when it comes to sauces. You'll get responses like.
1. "Did you buy this in a bottle?"
2. "Too much thickener I can taste the cornstarch."
3. "To thin."
4. "Oh for the love of God do not ever put pineapples in there I hate pineapples, I had a bad experience in Hawaii, we got ripped off when we went body surfing, we came back to the beach and our stuff was all gone!"
5. "I lived in Japan for two years, I know teriyaki!"
6. "I have never been to Japan, so this teriyaki serves me well."
7. "Now Yamasa soy sauce is the best!"
8. "No it's not, I like Aloha shoyu."
9. "Hey how come it tastes burnt?"
10. "Hey if I add sesame oil to it, won't that be a kalbi barbecue sauce?"

So if you think your Teri is all Yay and ours is all Nay, it's just an opinion.

Here are some decent ready made teriyaki sauces.





           
© 2015



No comments:

Post a Comment