CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Fiji Water Company

So what is artesian water? Fiji Natural Artesian Water comes from Fiji, deep artesian wells store untouched rain water that is pulled out and then bottled. Unlike tap water, or spring water, artesian well water is far from easy accessible contaminants. The bottle on the right is a 500 ml (1.05Pt) size, and cost 1.75 from a Barnes & Noble Cafe, and since I work there part-time I get 50% off. The taste? I have to admit, tastes better than some other bottled water.

It's amazing the different companies that bottle water for human consumption, there are too many to count these days. But if you are like myself, I had to get educated on the artesian well thing, to me water is water, well not anymore, just think what the industry doesn't tell us. Do we really know for sure that Fiji isn't pulling my dick? I'll never know, but as a consumer I just have to trust that this is true, when Fiji makes claims that the rain water falls and then it is trapped in the artesian wells, where no man can contaminate it, okay I'll take that.

But you do know that most water had crap in it already right? If you take some fresh water, in a jar with a lid, then add in some dirt, shake it up, it will get all cloudy, but when you just let that water sit, all the dirt and its sediment will fall to the bottom of the jar, and what you have left is clear water, and when treated with chemicals like chlorine it becomes drinkable. Well Fiji claims that the water is pure virgin in a sense. But I do have some reservations on that, it may be that some of their water is artesian, the other small or large percent may be tap water from Joe's back yard. He's the guy with the hairy protruding belling smoking a cig and burping a lot. So no, we can't really be certain that all the healthy water bottles we see on the market is really healthy, we just make a choice and purchase water sometimes on the cost. I'll tell you the truth, if Joe's Water from the garden hose tasted alright, and his was selling at .70 cents somewhere, and Fiji was selling close to 2.00 somewhere, I may go with Joe's garden hose water if it tasted good.
But Fiji does taste, good seriously.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the read Ron, i am doing a project on fiji water. If you would like a copy my email is
    dean.livanos@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete