CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Maui-Kellogs Frosted Flakes My Favorite Even Now

Tony the Tiger and Kellog's is a legally Trade Marked and Copyrighted entity. This blog is to just familiarize the readers with who Tony the Tiger is and what the boxes look like.
"They're Grrrrrrrrreat!" Man is this the greatest marketing shit ever? I think it is man, because when I was a kid, watching cartoons every freekin Saturday morning, Tony The Tiger was my favorite character. I mean this huge ass tiger talked to kids, he played with them, and I loved the cereal. Every time I went to the Nagasako Supermarket with her, I'd run my little ass straight to the cereal section and grab the biggest Tony the Tiger box I could find, why? Because those big boxes had a toy or something inside. Mom would always be cool with my getting food, but not Hot Wheels, I always wanted some Hot Wheels, but she said that dad was pissed because it's a waste of money.


So what is the history behind Kellog's and Tony the Tiger?
Photo: Ron Sambrano copyright 2011
1952- Kellog's introduces Sugar Frosted Flakes it consisted of corn flakes frosted with sugar, or coated with sugar.
1980- The word sugar is dropped from the boxes or advertising, lots of cereal brands had dropped the word sugar.


Frosted Flakes by itself is a description of the product.


INTERNATIONAL NAMES: In the U.K. and most European countries it is called Forsties.


In Latin America it is called Zucaritas.


In Brazil it is called Sucrilhos.


In Japan it is called Corn Frosties.


In Korea it is called Corn Frost... Imagine Kim Jong Il going, "Hey I need a bowl of Corn Frost now! Before I shoot you!"


Tony the Tiger was the mascot since its inception, and the man that voiced Tony was Thurl Ravenscroft, he died in 2005. His replacement is Jim Van Horne, and Tom Hill voiced voiced the funny Tiger in the U.K.


Okay gang I'm gonna get me some, till next blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment