CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Monday, March 21, 2011

Maui Beef Tacos Polished But....

BEEF TACOS (soft) @ Casamaya in Lahaina Cannery Mall, was polished, but I can say this, on a scale from 1-5, and 5 being the greatest euphoric experience a foodie can imagine, it was really more of a 1.87777 on the taster scale. The presentation was excellent. The refried beans were like cold, the rice cold, the beef wasn't seasoned the way a Mexican chef would do it, my little nephew could season it from scratch and be better. Would I suggest this place? Yeah I would, if you are starving and there's no other place to get Mex. Why did I polish it? Well... I did not actually polish it, I handed over some food to a little kid sitting next to me, and he even said it was cold. We both ate our food, but it was one of those days we both said, "What the hell, just eat the damned thing coz money doesn't grow on trees and it is edible." But are we gonna go back there? I won't, my little friend may or may not, his mom decides his fate ha ha.


Should have gone to Amigo's but it was too far away. Or have my friend Carlos, who lives here but is originally from Mexico cook me some beef tacos.
Photo: Ron Sambrano copyright 2011
This is what a used beef tacos plate looks like despite it being not the best I've ever eaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment