CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Monday, August 24, 2015

THE BURRITO COPY CATS

The burrito, the Mexican wrap filled with delicious goodies from beans, stewed beef, pork, or sautéed fish... copy cats are a coming!!!!
The wrap, you've seen it in restaurant advertisements in the Sunday paper, or on Facebook or Twitter, everyone is doing a wrap which is what a burrito really is right? Yay or nay? Or is it yea, I like Yay!!!! Wraps are coming in from all kinds of different cultures check it, the veggie wrap, the Korean wrap (Korean burrito) filled with kalbi beef, or bulgogi with kimchi... Foodies are getting damned creative, crossing different cultural dishes to make it their own. Heck I'm Filipino American, and one time I made a pork adobo burrito, well Mexican and Filipinos do share some Spanish influences so maybe my invention wasn't so original, but for Filipinos, we never eat our version of pork adobo in a tortilla wrap, we eat it with white rice, the sticky medium grain kind.

Burritos are one of my faves, anytime I see someone eating a huge burrito, I want one. Especially if it's made with stewed meats, where the flavors are all in concert, from the chilis, the paprika, garlic, onions, tomatoes, vinegar...hmmmm, I'm getting hungry just writing this blog. Burritos may be Mexican in nature, but heck, I'll fill anything delicious into a tortilla wrap, and that's a fact Jackson.

Until next time.

                             
                   © 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment