CHEF SAMBRANO Food Articles Video Recipes

PERSONAL CHEF

PERSONAL CHEF
FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE

Friday, February 11, 2011

Maui Barnes & Noble 50% Employee Meals Rock

Photo: Ron Sambrano Copyright 2011

Being an employee at Barnes and Noble in Lahaina Maui is pretty cool, 30% off books and music, but most importantly being a foodie, half off the food at the cafe, that's the bomb baby! What do I get even if I'm not working? Well I live with family (ohana) right up the road a few blocks, so I eat there to save money. I'll no doubt go for the Italian Flatbread, it's like a half pizza sandwich, it's very very good for a deli/cafe in a bookshop. Okay, they just heat it up, but at least it's sort of fresh, no microwave, but a very cool, fast acting oven that heats it up fast. In the picture to the left I polished one of those Italian Flatbreads, and oredered a 17 fl. oz. Nantucket Nectars Lemonade, it's all natural without any colorings that's articficial, or high fructose corn syrups. But the bag of chips you see on the plate? Well, I gave it to a teenager who was studying for his exams, kid looked famished, so I tossed the bag on his Mac Book and he was stoked, it looked like he weighed about 80 pounds.

The Barnes & Noble where I work part-time is located at the Lahaina Gateway Shopping Center, across from the Lahaina Cannery Mall. Just minutes from Kaanapali, and a short walk from downtown Lahaina. Visit us there if I'm still employed. Nope I don't work in the cafe despite that's my profession, I mean food is, but I like the book thing, it's different for sure. Aloha.  http://www.b&n.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment