- Dangmyeon (Korean potato starch noodles)
- 1/3 lb. of beef (get flank and cut across grain)
- 1 bunch of spinach (fresh or thawed frozen)
- 1 medium size carrot
- 1 medium size onion
- 5 dried shitake mushrooms and 1 package of white mushrooms
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 8 green onions
- soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, pepper, and sesame seeds
Makes 4 servings.
How to prepare your ingredients before stir frying:
- Soak 5 dried shitake mushrooms in warm water until they become soft. Squeeze the water out of them and slice thinly.
- Slice white mushroom rather thinly.
- Make thin match sticks of carrot.
- Slice 8 green onions into 2 inch long pieces.
- Slice one of the onions thin.
- Slice beef into thin strips.
- Boil 2 bunches of noodles in boiling water in a big pot for about 3 minutes or until al dente, strain under cold water.
- Cut the noodles using scissors and add about 1 tbs of soy sauce and 1 tbs of sesame oil, toss it up and set aside.
- Add to the boiling water, the spinach stir gently for 1 minute, then take it out and rinse it in cold water. Remove dirt or dried leaves while rinsing then squeeze gently to remove the water, then rough chop it.
- Add about ½ tbs soy sauce and about ½ tbs sesame oil and mix it and place it onto the large bowl.
- On a heated pan or wok, put a tables spoon of olive oil and carrot strips and stir fry fro a few seconds. Place it into the large bow.
- Place a few drops of olive oil on the pan or wok and add the sliced onion. Stir it until the onion looks clear. Place it into the large bowl with your carrots.
- Place a few drops of olive oil on the pan and add the sliced white mushrooms. Stir it for a bit and then put it in the large bowl.
- Place another table spoon of olive oil into the pan or wok and add the green onions. Stir for about a minute and place it into the large bowl.
- Place another table spoon of olive oil into the pan or wok and add the beef strips and sliced shitake mushrooms. Stir it until it’s cooked well, then add cloves of minced garlic, ½ tbs soy sauce and ½ tbs sugar. Stir for another 30 seconds and then place it into the large bowl.
- Add roughly 3 tbs of soy sauce, 3 1/2 tbs of sugar, 2 tbs of sesame oil, and 1 teaspoon of ground pepper to the large bowl. Mix all ingredients, then sprinkle 1 tbs of toasted sesame seeds on the top.